Girl missing since New Years found safe
Posted: Jan 17, 2013 3:42 PM ET
Last Updated: Jan 17, 2013 3:38 PM ET
A 15-year-old northwestern Ontario girl reported missing by the OPP has turned up safe.
Kenora OPP say Chantel Cameron was located in Edmonton.
The youth from the Wabaseemoong First Nation had not been heard from since Jan. 1, when she contacted someone in Kenora saying she needed help getting home from Edmonton.
Latest Thunder Bay News Headlines
- Hwy 587 closed after washout
- Repairs are underway as workers scramble to install a temporary culvert on Highway 587 after the road was washed out due to heavy rainfall. more »
- Swollen river frustrates fish taggers
- A co-operative rainbow trout tagging program on Portage Creek, near Sleeping Giant Park, has been put on hold due to high water. more »
- First Nation 'will not accept' disrespect of sacred grounds
- The chief of Fort William First Nation says the community is upset by an act of destruction on Mount McKay in Thunder Bay. more »
- Inspectors check flooded homes at Fort William First Nation
- Fort William First Nation near Thunder Bay remained in a state of emergency on Wednesday as inspectors assessed the safety of flood-damaged homes. more »
Top News Headlines
- Toronto mayor fired chief of staff for telling him to 'go away and get help'
- Federal Court won't remove MPs over robocall allegations
- Alleged Ford crack video seller not responding to calls
- 3 injured in Washington state bridge collapse