Northwest doctors voted tops with patients
Posted: Dec 5, 2012 3:49 PM ET
Last Updated: Dec 5, 2012 3:48 PM ET
Two area doctors will receive the first-ever Patients' Choice awards in northwestern Ontario.
The awards are being presented Wednesday night to Dr. Andrew Siren, an obstetrician/gynecologist in Thunder Bay, and Dr. Adam Moir, a family doctor in Dryden.Dr. Andrew Siren, an obstetrician-gynecologist in Thunder Bay, and Dr. Adam Moir, a family doctor in Dryden, will receive the first-ever Patients' Choice awards in northwestern Ontario. (Supplied)
The awards — sponsored by the Patients' Association of Canada, along with the Ontario Medical Association and the Northwest Health Integration Network — recognize the care the winners provide to their patients.
The doctors were nominated by patients.
"There is too little public awareness of good instances of the care that patients receive,” said Sholom Glouberman, president of the Patients' Association of Canada.
“We want physicians to know that we appreciate their commitment to hearing and listening to the patient voice."
Patients in other communities in Ontario that have recognized their physicians include Ottawa, Windsor, Peterborough and Sarnia-Lambton.
Latest Thunder Bay News Headlines
- Maintenance workers' strike may halt elevators
- If a maintenance workers' strike continues, the agency regulating elevator safety in Ontario says it may need to shut down elevators for safety reasons. more »
- Downpour sets back last year's flooding repairs
- A Thunder Bay restoration company that was just about done with the repair work from last year's flood has been hindered by the long-weekend downpour. more »
- First Nations activist receives international peace prize
- An activist from Grassy Narrows is getting international recognition. more »
- Man admits to removing dead bear's paws, head
- The mystery surrounding a bear carcass that was found without its head and paws earlier this month has been solved. more »
Top News Headlines
- Harper 'not consulted' about Duffy Senate expense repayment
- 2 infants confirmed among dead of Oklahoma tornado
- 'You will see him again in heaven,' Sharlene Bosma tells daughter
- Mayor Ford stays silent while his brother defends him