Police search for missing woman
Pauline Jean Kireto, 42, was last seen Oct. 15th at Thunder Bay hospital
Posted: Nov 14, 2012 11:27 AM ET
Last Updated: Nov 14, 2012 2:18 PM ET
Thunder Bay police have begun a ground search for an area woman who has been missing since Oct. 15th.Pauline Jean Kireto was last seen on Oct. 15th.
Police say Pauline Jean Kireto, 42, was last seen at the Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre on Oct. 15th at about 9 a.m. She is said to have been a patient at the hospital and has been without medication she requires for a health condition since her disappearance.
A ground search by 20 officers is underway, starting with the hospital property and pathways in the surrounding area.
Kireto is described as five foot one inch tall with a medium build. She has short, dark-brown hair and tattoos on both arms. Police say she has a tendency to speak very quickly.
Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to contact Thunder Bay Police at 684-1200 or Crime Stoppers at 623-8477.
Latest Thunder Bay News Headlines
- First Nations activist receives international peace prize
- An activist from Grassy Narrows is getting international recognition. more »
- Downpour sets back last year's flooding repairs
- A Thunder Bay restoration company that was just about done with the repair work from last year's flood has been hindered by the long-weekend downpour. more »
- Man admits to removing dead bear's paws, head
- The mystery surrounding a bear carcass that was found without its head and paws earlier this month has been solved. more »
- Rising water levels keeps Wawa residents on alert
- People in Wawa are keeping a close eye on the skies today now that a flood warning is in effect for the Michipicoten River watershed. more »
Top News Headlines
- Harper 'not consulted' about Duffy Senate expense repayment
- Prime Minister Stephen Harper says that not only did he not know about his chief of staff's "gift" to repay Senator Mike Duffy's expenses before the story broke in the media, he was not consulted and did not sign off on Nigel Wright's decision to write a personal cheque. more »
- Mayor Ford stays silent while his brother defends him
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford continues to stonewall the media over allegations that he was recorded on video smoking what appears to be crack cocaine, but his brother Coun. Doug Ford told reporters Wednesday that the story is untrue. more »
- 'You will see him again in heaven,' Sharlene Bosma tells daughter
- Sharlene Bosma told more than 1,000 people at the public memorial service for her slain husband, Tim Bosma, about the love they shared. more »
- Obama to visit Oklahoma following deadly tornado
- Rescue workers raced to complete the search for survivors and the dead in the Oklahoma City suburb where a mammoth tornado destroyed countless homes, cleared lots down to bare red earth and claimed 24 lives, including those of nine children. more »