Hospital executives lead Thunder Bay sunshine list
Ontario's so-called sunshine list includes dozens of firefighters and police officers in Thunder Bay who earn over $100,000 per year.
At the municipal level, city manager Tim Commisso topped the pay scale at just under $230,000. Police Chief JP Levesque made about $210,000. The majority of city employees on the list made in the low $100,000 range.
About eighty members of the police service, and over one hundred members of the fire service also made the list.
Other notable salaries at the Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre:
- Rhonda Crocker Ellacott, Executive Vice President of Patient Care, Health Professionals and Chief Nursing Executive, Diagnostic Services, $203,700
- Dr. Stewart Kennedy, Executive Vice President of Medical and Academic Affairs, Pharmacy Services, $207,000
- Lori Marshall, (former) vice-president, $225,000
- Scott Potts, (former) vice-president, $264,000
In other health care sectors in Thunder Bay:
- Tracy Bucker, President and CEO with St. Joseph's Care Group, $315,000.
- Dr. David Williams, medical officer of health at the Thunder Bay District Health Unit, $300,000
On the education front, Brian Stevenson, President of Lakehead University earned $360,000. Jim Madder, the President of Confederation College made about $227,000.
- An earlier version of this story said that Andrée Robichaud led the sunshine list in Thunder Bay.Mar 28, 2014 5:38 PM ET