Archibald St. fire sends baby to Thunder Bay hospital
A fire in a Thunder Bay apartment sent a baby to hospital Sunday night.
The Thunder Bay Fire Service was called just after 10 p.m. to a fire at 318 Archibald St. S. The apartment building had been evacuated by the time firefighters arrived.
Crews quickly put out the fire, which was determined to have started in the basement apartment.
A 10-month-old baby was taken to hospital for smoke inhalation, the fire department said.
The upper three floors needed ventilation, but tenants were able to return.
The basement apartment was secured for investigation.