<!-- Start of Brightcove Experience --> <object id="flashObj" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="574" height="400"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /> <param name="movie" value="http://mstories.vo.llnwd.net/o1/federated/shell.swf?storeID=bcmeta&expID=f28ed5b4-bec0-4ee6-99e0-0bd06f809ae6&flashID=flashObj&proxyURL=http://dp.storymaker-se.com/DaliDataProxy/x.aspx" /> <param name="quality" value="high" /> <param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /> <embed name="flashObj" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" src="http://mstories.vo.llnwd.net/o1/federated/shell.swf?storeID=bcmeta&expID=f28ed5b4-bec0-4ee6-99e0-0bd06f809ae6&flashID=flashObj&proxyURL=http://dp.storymaker-se.com/DaliDataProxy/x.aspx" width="574" height="400" allowScriptAccess="always" quality="high" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" /> </object> <!-- End of Brightcove Experience -->[/CUSTOM]
Elections where taxes were a central issue
CBC News Posted: Oct 03, 2008 3:09 PM ET Last Updated: Oct 03, 2008 3:09 PM ET
Provincial Elections 2015
- Rachel Notley brings pitch to Calgary Chamber of Commerce
- NDP Leader Rachel Notley brought her message to the Calgary Chamber of Commerce on Friday, vowing her party will work with business while asking corporations to pay more.
- Rachel Notley says leaked email asks paramedics to pay for medical equipment
- The NDP says Calgary paramedics have been asked to give money to pay for ambulance equipment.
- Wildrose promises to scrap school fees
- The Wildrose will scrap mandatory school fees, said Leader Brian Jean.
- PCs forced to modify Star Wars spoof focusing on film industry
- A Star Wars spoof appearing on YouTube that highlights the P.E.I. Progressive Conservative Party's film and digital media tax credit proposal had to be modified to adhere to Elections PEI regulations.
- NDP would cut small business tax by 33% if elected
- The NDP would cut the small business tax rate on P.E.I, by 33 per cent, if elected May 4 in the provincial election, says Leader Mike Redmond.
- P.E.I. political parties tally campaign promise costs
- With just over a week to go in the provincial election campaign, CBC News asked the four political parties to tally up what it would cost to deliver their election promises.
Top News Headlines
Latest Canada News Headlines
- Red Mile erupts after Calgary Flames take series against the Vancouver Canucks
- Jumbo Glacier Resort's future in doubt after avalanche report
- Calgary Flames vs. Vancouver Canucks: Game 6
- Vancouver's booming marijuana retailers could face new regulations
- Aggressive False Creek coyote killed by conservation officers
- Jonathan Denis resigns as justice minister amid 'legal proceedings'
- Canada's health minister says dispensaries normalize marijuana use
- Watch Mayor Naheed Nenshi eat toast branded with Canucks logo
- A killer's mother knows the pain facing Steven O'Shaughnessy's family
- Jennifer Pawluck's Instagram harrassment case a cautionary tale