Star-studded lineup announced for Timmins Stars and Thunder festival
The City of Timmins has announced the lineup for the 2018 Stars and Thunder Festival.
The eight day event will take place during the final week of June 2018, with the festival wrapping up on July 1. It will feature a number of musicians and a fireworks festival.
"Last year's music festival was well-received by all those who attended, spectators and artists alike," Mayor Steve Black said.
"We are confident that our team will continue to put Timmins' best foot forward and host another incredible festival this year."
The festival held last year had a shortfall of $546,595. Earlier this year, city council decided to go forward with the 2018 event.
Here's a list of the lineup for the 2018 event:
- Sunday, July 1: Bryan Adams, Our Lady Peace, Matthew Good, Sons of Maxwell. Fireworks display by Team Canada.
- Saturday, June 30: The Beach Boys, Arkells, Alan Doyle, 54-40
- Friday, June 29: Paul Brant, High Valley, Nice Horse
- Thursday, June 28: Gord Bamford, Lindsay Ell, Aaron Goodvin, Chris Buck Band. Fireworks display by Team China.
- Wednesday, June 27: Burton Cummings and Band, Sloan
- Tuesday, June 26: Marianas Trench, Virginia to Vegas, Julian Taylor Band. Fireworks by Team Finland.
- Monday, June 25: Blue Rodeo, Colin James, Midnight Shine
- Sunday, June 24: Eric Lapointe, Roch Voisine, LGS, Celeste Levis. Fireworks by Team Brazil.