TODAY: Wet and cold (except for Attawapiskat, which will be sunny and cold).
- Espanola, Sudbury, West Nipissing, North Bay, Temagami, New Liskeard, Kirkland Lake, Burk's Falls, Bayfield Inlet, Parry Sound, Muskoka.
- Total rainfall amounts of 40 to 60 mm are likely by early Friday morning. Localized flooding is possible because the ground is already saturated and has little ability to absorb more rain.
SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT:
- Wawa, Pukaskwa Park, Agawa, Lake Superior Park, Searchmont, Montreal River Harbour, Batchawana Bay, Fraserdale, Pledger Lake, Kapuskasing, Hearst, Smooth Rock Falls, Little Abitibi, Kesagami Lake, Timmins, Cochrane, Iroquois Falls, Chapleau, Missinaibi Lake.
- Rain today with the possibility of the rain changing over to snow, ice pellets and freezing rain later today and tonight. Travelling may become hazardous.
Highs across the region will range from 2 C to 10 C, except for North Bay which should reach 16 C.
TONIGHT: Lows from 7 C to -3 C.
TOMORROW: More snow and or rain, but the precipitation will gradually taper off. Highs from 2 C to 9 C.
For the latest on weather conditions tune into @MorningNorth live from 6 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. each weekday morning. 99.9FM in Sudbury.
FIRE DEATH: Officials are continuing to investigate a fire in Hanmer that killed one woman and left another injured on Monday. The deceased has been identified as Nicole Belair, 33. She was a child protection worker. Another woman was critically injured. Officials says the potential source could have been oxygen tanks or a refrigerator.
BRIDGE FLAGS: "Bridge of Nations" flags on the Paris Street Bridge in Sudbury will be replaced tomorrow after a hard winter. Ursula Sauve is on the committee responsible for the flags said the weather takes a toll on the 82 flags, meaning they need to be replaced four times a year. The city covers the cost to replace them.
For the latest info follow @CBCnewsSudbury on twitter. See breaking news? Call the CBC Sudbury Newsdesk: 705 688-3240.
- The City of Greater Sudbury says Pine Street at Garson Mine Rood is closed until the end of the day on Friday due to storm sewer repairs. Detours are set up and Vale employees are asked to use the rear entrance.
Highway 101 remains closed between Timmins and Chapleau due to several washouts near Foleyet. There is no estimated time as to when the highway will re-open.
The Ministry of Transportation keeps an eye on the roads around the clock. Click here and then on the "road conditions" box in the new window to reveal the latest information.
See problems on the roads at highways? Send a note to @Sudburytraffic on Twitter, or phone the CBC Sudbury traffic line 705-670-3191.
Sudbury city council says Fabio Belli's seat will be filled in the council chambers on July 8. Belli died suddenly last month. A councillor will be chosen for the position until the municipal election in October. LISTEN