Sudbury Daystarter: More traffic woes this week
- Construction work continues at the busy intersection of Notre Dame and Lasalle. More delays are expected today. Line painting will also take until the end of the week and will also affect traffic. The entire project is expected to be complete in the coming weeks.
- Starting today at 7 a.m., the northbound curb lane on Barry Downe Road between the entrance to Shoppers Drug Mart and Sparks Street will be closed to complete the construction of an additional northbound lane between Lasalle Blvd and Sparks Street. Work is expected to be complete by Friday, July 19, weather permitting.
- King Street will be closed from Notre Dame Avenue to Laforest Avenue until approximately August 10th.
- Hydro One has closed the northbound curb lane at MR80 and MR15 between until Friday, July 18 for pole relocation.
- Drivers are advised to consider alternate routes as work is being done on Big Nickel Road in Greater Sudbury. The city said construction will reduce the road to one lane, and rock blasting will stop traffic for up to 30 minutes until July 31. Blasting is scheduled to happen Monday to Friday, between 8 a.m. and sunset.
See problems on the roads or highways? Send a note to @Sudburytraffic on Twitter, or phone the CBC Sudbury traffic line 705-670-3191.
MISSING: A Sudbury father is spending the summer desperately searching for his daughter, 16-year-old Meagan Pilon, who disappeared last fall. Her case has been featured by a television program about missing people. Hear from her father Marc Pilon on Morning North at 7:10 a.m.
LEGION RENOVATIONS: Renovations planned for a Sudbury legion hall have left the group worse off than before. Lockerby Legion received a grant to repair the building and roof, but the president of the legion said the contractor didn’t properly do the job.
PROVINCIAL AFFAIRS: The Ministry of Natural Resources has a new name — the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry. Bill Mauro, the minister of the portfolio, said the name change highlights the province's commitment to the forestry sector.
For the latest info follow @CBCnewsSudbury on twitter. See breaking news? Call the CBC Sudbury Newsdesk: 705 688-3240.
RAINFALL WARNING for Fort Albany and Attawapiskat. 50 to 70 mm possible, ending this evening.
Today: Most of the north can expect a mix of sun and cloud today, with the chance of showers this afternoon. Highs from 18 C to 23 C.
Tonight: Lows from 15 C down to 8 C.
Tomorrow: Most of the north will be cloudy with a few showers. Sunshine is expected for Fort Albany and Attawapiskat. Highs from 17 C to 20 C, except for Moosonee where the high will be near 13 C.
For the latest on weather conditions tune into @MorningNorth live from 6 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. each weekday morning. 99.9FM in Sudbury.