Sudbury Daystarter: Everything you need to start your Tuesday
- CAR DEALERSHIP SUSPENSIONS: More Sudbury car dealerships are under investigation by the Ontario Motor Vehicle Industry Council. This, after two dealerships were suspended in July.
- CURB-SIDE COMPOST: Sudbury is the only major city in northeastern Ontario to offer a green bin compost program. But five years after it was introduced, it's only used by less than half of the city. Hear more on Morning North at 8:10 a.m.
- EMPTY PLATES: Cheap meals will no longer be available at The Salvation Army in Sudbury starting today. In the past, people were able to buy a $3 breakfast, lunch, or dinner, as well as get a free Sunday meal. More details coming up on Morning North at 7:10 a.m.
For the latest info follow @CBCnewsSudbury on twitter. See breaking news? Call the CBC Sudbury Newsdesk: 705 688-3240.
TODAY: Showers for Wawa, Chapleau, Sault Ste Marie, the north shore, Manitoulin and Sudbury. A 40 per cent chance of a shower for North Bay, the Temiskaming area and Kapuskasing. Cloudy skies for Timmins and the far north. Highs from 16 C to 22 C in most areas. 24 C for Timmins.
TONIGHT: Showers for most areas with lows from 16 C down to 11 C.
TOMORROW: A chance of showers for most areas with highs around 21 C or 22 C. Timmins, Kapuskasing and the far north can expect a mix of sun and cloud with highs from 24 C to 26 C.
For the latest on weather conditions tune into @MorningNorth live from 6 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. each weekday morning. 99.9FM in Sudbury.
- Larch Street will be reduced to one lane until August 29 for patch work.
- Work on Bellevue and Picard will continue until Wednesday, August 20. One lane will be open at all times.
- Culvert replacements will reduce traffic to one lane on Moose Mountain Mine Road in Capreol starting Monday.
- Frood Road will be closed between Kathleen and Jean streets for water main installations until mid-August. Local and emergency vehicles will be able to get through, but other traffic will be directed by detour signs.
- Delays are also expected on Big Nickel Mine Road as construction work continues in the area.
- Sanitary sewer upgrades, new curbs and new sidewalks will cause reductions in traffic lanes in the area of Highway 69 North (MR80) and Main Street (MR15) to Cecile Street in Val Caron. A reduction in lanes will be necessary until work wraps up at the end of October.
- Water main installation will close Afton Road from Gemmell Street to Hawthorne Drive, but will remain open to local traffic and emergency vehicles only. Work will take place from August 25 to October 30, 2014. Detours will direct traffic.
- Construction will begin on the Kingsway the week of August 25 and will include road reconstruction, curb, sidewalk and sanitary sewer repairs, as well as storm sewer upgrades. Work will take place from Bancroft Drive to 0.9 km West. Work is expected to be completed by October 31.
See problems on the roads or highways? Send a note to @Sudburytraffic on Twitter, or phone the CBC Sudbury traffic line 705-670-3191.