Snowmobile crashes leave 2 dead in Ontario this weekend
Sudbury man killed on Saturday, County of Brant man killed on Sunday
Posted: Mar 3, 2013 12:52 PM ET
Last Updated: Mar 3, 2013 5:00 PM ET
At least two men have died in snowmobile crashes in Ontario this weekend.
The most recent deadly crash occurred west of Hamilton in the early hours of Sunday morning.
The Ontario Provincial Police say that two young men were riding a snowmobile that went into a ditch and struck a fence in the County of Brant, at about 1:30 a.m.
The two men were rushed to hospital.
Bryan Deming-Watson, 22, of the County of Brant, was soon pronounced dead after he arrived at a local hospital.
Nickolas White, 19, suffered non-life threatening injuries in the crash.
Police say the two men were not wearing helmets at the time of the crash and that alcohol and speed are "being considered as contributing factors to this collision."
The OPP say that a Saturday afternoon crash near the town of Massey, Ont., also claimed a man's life.
Police say a male driver lost control of his southbound snowmobile on Lacloche Lake Road, was subsequently thrown from the machine and was struck by an oncoming truck.
The victim has been identified as 30-year-old Raymond Neron of Sudbury.With files from The Canadian Press
Latest Sudbury News Headlines
- Petition looks to rename Victoria Day
- A group that includes some prominent Canadian actors, writers and politicians is calling on Prime Minister Stephen Harper to change the name of Victoria Day. more »
- Meet Ray Novak, the PM's new chief of staff
- Prime Minister Stephen Harper's new chief of staff is Ray Novak, 35. Here's a quick look at his background. more »
- Hospital's plan for temporary helipad runs into turbulence
- The Sudbury hospital's plans to build a temporary helipad just off Ramsey Lake Road met with unexpected opposition at a public meeting hosted by the hospital and air-ambulance officials Thursday night. more »
- Councillor's ward cited as unhealthiest in Sudbury
- A Sudbury city councillor said Friday he was stunned to learn his ward is one of the most unhealthy areas in Greater Sudbury. more »
Top News Headlines
- Dellen Millard's farm near location of unknown remains
- Police searching the farm of Dellen Millard, the 27-year-old charged with first-degree murder after the remains of Ancaster, Ont., man Tim Bosma were discovered, have found other remains near the property, but it's unclear if they are human or animal. more »
- Can the Senate fire a senator?
- Yahoo buys Tumblr blogging site for $1.1B
- Yahoo is buying online blogging forum Tumblr for $1.1 billion as CEO Marissa Mayer tries to rejuvenate an internet icon that had fallen behind the times. more »
- Harper chief of staff resigns amid Senate expense scandal
- Nigel Wright has resigned as Prime Minister Stephen Harper's chief of staff, following revelations he wrote a $90,000 cheque to repay living expenses claimed by Senator Mike Duffy. more »