Police ID victim in fatal Markstay-Warren fire
Posted: Feb 21, 2013 3:03 PM ET
Last Updated: Feb 22, 2013 2:26 PM ET
The victim of a fire that razed a mobile home on Park Drive in Markstay-Warren on Thursday has been identified.
OPP report that Bruce William Turcotte, 48, died as a result of smoke inhalation. They say foul play was not a factor in his death.
Provincial police and Ontario Fire Marshal investigators were at the trailer park in the municipality east of Sudbury to sift through the wreckage on Thursday, but have since released the scene.
Latest Sudbury News Headlines
- Male pedestrian dies in New Sudbury truck crash
- One man is dead after being struck by a truck in New Sudbury. more »
- Sudburians gathering input on ideal bicycle stands
- The City of Greater Sudbury is searching for the perfect bike rack. more »
- Noëlville pedestrian dies following weekend collision
- A 47-year-old man from southern Ontario has been charged with careless driving after provincial police say he hit a 79-year-old woman with his vehicle. more »
- Horwath says NDP will support Ontario Liberal budget
- Ontario NDP Leader Andrea Horwath says her party will support the Liberal budget, avoiding a spring election, after the premier agreed to the NDP's call for an independent financial accountability officer. more »
Top News Headlines
- Search for deadly Oklahoma tornado survivors nears end
- The search for survivors and bodies following the most powerful type of tornado in an Oklahoma City suburb that levelled a school and killed at least nine children on Monday is almost over. more »
- Deadly Oklahoma tornado confirmed as most powerful type
- Emergency workers neared the end of their search Tuesday afternoon for survivors in Moore, Okla., following a deadly tornado that weather officials said was now classified among the most powerful type of twister. more »
- Only 1 set of human remains found at Millard farm, police say
- Hamilton police have confirmed that they are dealing with only a single set of human remains at the Waterloo region farm of Dellen Millard. more »
- Rob Ford faces more calls to address crack allegations
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford went back to work after a holiday weekend, but he kept his mouth shut about an alleged video that two published reports say shows him smoking what appears to be a crack pipe. more »