Sudbury contractors get building inspection app
Posted: Jan 21, 2013 2:33 PM ET
Last Updated: Jan 21, 2013 2:22 PM ET
For those contractors looking to book a building inspection in Sudbury, there will soon be an app for that.
The director of building services with the city said the building inspection application program for smartphones is in the final stages of testing.Sudbury's director of building services Guido Mazza says the city is working on an app for smartphones that will allow people to book building inspections. (CGS)
Guido Mazza said Sudbury is making efforts to offer more electronic and online services — many of which can be used by the construction industry.
“Right now we're currently working on an app for the smartphones for the contractors out there to allow them to book their inspections over their smartphones,” Mazza said.
Staff members are also working on building an online permit application system. The software will allow people to pay for building permits online and follow the application’s progress through various phases of approval.
Latest Sudbury News Headlines
- Councillor's ward cited as unhealthiest in Sudbury
- A Sudbury city councillor said Friday he was stunned to learn his ward is one of the most unhealthy areas in Greater Sudbury. more »
- Possibility of cancelling Algo's rooftop parking raised at inquiry
- Testimony at the public inquiry into the fatal collapse of the Algo Centre Mall in Elliot Lake has raised questions about whether the owner of the mall was concerned enough about the structure to cancel rooftop parking. more »
- Agnico-Eagle worker found alive after blizzard
- A worker missing from Agnico-Eagle's Meliadine camp near Rankin Inlet, Nunavut, was found alive late Thursday night, after weathering a potentially record-breaking blizzard. more »
- LCBO strike threat off after deal reached
- The prospect of a Victoria Day weekend liquor store strike in Ontario has been taken off the shelf after a deal was reached late Thursday night between the LCBO and its unionized workers. more »
Top News Headlines
- Harper chief of staff resigns amid Senate expense scandal
- Jeep driver apologizes after stunt kills Edmonton woman
- Senior Pakistani politician Zahra Shahid shot dead
- Saudi coronavirus work stymied at Canadian lab