Motorcyclist killed in crash on Highway 17
Posted: Aug 26, 2012 6:08 PM ET
Last Updated: Aug 26, 2012 6:06 PM ET
The Ontario Provincial Police are investigating a deadly motorcycle crash that took place just north of Chippewa Falls on Sunday afternoon.
The single-vehicle crash occurred on Highway 17, about four kilometers north of Chippewa Falls.
Police say the motorcycle was southbound when the crash occurred at about 3:20 p.m. ET.
The highway was closed for about two hours in both directions as traffic collision investigators attended the scene.
Highway 17 has since reopened.
Police have not yet identified the victim.
Latest Sudbury News Headlines
- Boaters not getting message about life jackets: OPP
- Boaters are still not getting the message about life jackets says OPP Inspector Mark Andrews. more »
- Construction to start on Sudbury water sports centre
- Sudbury's canoe club is preparing for what it hopes will be the last summer in its current building, as construction is expected to begin on the multi-million-dollar Northern Water Sports Centre. more »
- Federal Court won't remove MPs over election robocalls
- The Federal Court didn't throw six MPs out of their seats over allegations of widespread vote suppression through automated robocalls in the 2011 federal election. But Judge Richard Mosley did find that fraud occurred, linked to the Conservative Party's database. more »
- Stop work order issued after metal plate shop fatality
- A stop work order has been issued at High Strength Plates and Profiles Incorporated in Lively, near Sudbury. more »
Top News Headlines
- Greg Weston: Senate scandal may be Harper's worst hour
- The widening Senate scandal that the prime minister flippantly tried to dismiss as a 'distraction' just days ago has instead become arguably Stephen Harper's worst hour. more »
- Washington bridge collapse not Alberta trucker's fault, wife says
- The wife of the trucker implicated in Thursday's collapse of a bridge in Washington State that serves tens of thousands of commuters daily says her husband is not responsible for the incident. more »
- Canada ranks 3rd last in paid vacations
- Canada ranks third last among economically advanced countries in the amount of paid vacation time it guarantees its workers, a new U.S. study indicates. more »
- Canadian forecasters warn of active hurricane season
- Canadian forecasters are warning warmer-than-average ocean waters and the lack of an El Nino warming of the central Pacific Ocean will contribute to an "active" hurricane season this year. more »