More information is expected today on an apartment fire that happened earlier this week in Hanmer that blazed through the 16-unit building.
The building’s landlord drove to the scene as soon as she heard about the fire.
"I did apparently go into shock, but my concern was coming out to make sure my people were okay,” said Michelle Burns, who has been the landlord of the Hanmer apartment building since 1998.
All 24 people that were in the building at the time did make it out, however two women remain in hospital with serious injuries.
Burns said there's a lot of uncertainty about the future of the apartment.
“I don't even know if I'm going to get my building back,” she said.
“I don't know anything. I don't have any facts about anything until all their investigations are completed."
James Allen with the Ontario Fire Marshal's Office is conducting the investigation.
He noted "the building is salvageable, but there is quite a lot of smoke damage to the building itself."
The insurance company will ultimately have to decide the fate of the building, Allen added.
Meanwhile, tenants are staying with friends and family or in hotels.
Another question is the cause of the fire.
Allen spent Tuesday investigating the interior of the building to determine an origin of the flame. More information is expected shortly.