The Ontario Liberals are taking a "daily pounding" in the provincial legislature over the energy portfolio, and it's put the most recently-appointed Minister of Energy, Glenn Thibeault, in the political cross-hairs.audio
Audio 'I want to be the person that I needed when I was suffering': abuse survivor speaks in Sudbury
There is still plenty of work to be done to end violence against women, says Julie Lalonde — and you can help.audio
Fire officials in Sault Ste. Marie, Ont. have confirmed one person is dead following an early morning blaze.
During every election campaign there are headlines about the lack of women running for public office, and the City of Greater Sudbury, Ont. is now trying to do something about it.
There could be legal ramifications if the Rainbow District School Board pursues plans to amalgamate four boards.
City police in Greater Sudbury, Ont. are investigating after a man was reportedly stabbed west of downtown Sudbury on Thursday.
Starting tomorrow, the province's minimum wage is set to increase by 15 cents an hour.
A man who developed a ride-sharing app says he’ll launch the service called oRide in Sudbury later this year.
A renewed call to amalgamate Ontario's four school boards isn't sitting very well with at least two of the boards in Greater Sudbury.
Gamblers taking part in some gaming at the Sudbury Downs this week wil be asked to consider their gambling habits as they head for the slots.audio
A blue-green algae bloom has been confirmed on a lake in Aberdeen Township, about 30 kilometres north of Bruce Mines, Ont., according to Algoma Public Health.
The city fathers of Sudbury had a problem to solve.video audio
City police in Timmins, Ont. have charged a 36 year-old woman with a number of offences after a reported assault that sent a man to hospital with what police are calling serious injuries.
After paratrooper husband was paralyzed, memoir writing became 'an act of survival' for this Sudbury author
What may have seemed like the end was, in fact, just the beginning of a new chapter for a Sudbury, Ont., author whose new memoir chronicles her life as the wife of a paralyzed Canadian soldier.audio
Marlene Orgeron recalls the day her adoptive Louisiana parents told her they bought her for $30,000. Her brothers, they said, were "freebies."video
City hall in Sudbury, Ont. has launched a survey to get feedback from the community, including residents' opinions about quality of life and municipal services.
The Rainbow District School Board in Sudbury is asking the province to consider one school board instead of four, as a possible solution to the under-utilization of school facilities.
With Rainbow District School Board chair Doreen Dewar’s recent announcement she would push the Ministry of Education for a four-board merger in Sudbury, CBC audience members have been vocal on our Facebook page to offer their ideas and comments.read comments audio
The Ontario Ministry of Labour has laid charges against the City of Greater Sudbury and Interpaving Limited in the crushing death of a pedestrian on a downtown construction site in September 2015.
Greater Sudbury city councillors sounded off Tuesday night about a new noise bylaw that would replace the 26 local bylaws still on the books from before amalgamation.
A North Bay man has been found guilty on animal cruelty charges and banned from owning animals for 10 years.
Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada paid a consultant $134,000 to answer the question: Why are construction projects on First Nations reserves so frequently over budget? The answer: Look in a mirror.
The Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry is feeling the frustration from residents across the northeast calling about bears. Residents dealing with bears feel they're not getting help from the ministry, but MNRF says they only deal with bears on Crown land.audio
- Mandatory course for hockey parents hopes to curb misconduct from the stands
- Northerners describe the best way to get to Tim Horton's
- 61-year-old pilot found dead after Sudbury float plane crash
- Bear found shot and killed in New Sudbury backyard
- 1975 movie tells story of the businessman who fell in love with Sudbury
- City of Greater Sudbury, Interpaving charged in pedestrian death
- Sudbury Rainbow school board pushes to merge 4 boards into 1
- Canada's longest marriage: Clem and Millie Mintz celebrate 80 years
- Sudbury celebrates Stompin' Tom Connors on Saturday night with new music video
- Family of northern Ontario man with terminal cancer fighting to return him home
CBC Sudbury Photo Contest 5: "The Wild"
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Chance of showers
A mix of sun and cloud
A mix of sun and cloud
A mix of sun and cloud
Marketsquare features local listings and deals from CBC partners
- Robin Williams was fighting 'terrorist within his brain,' widow says in essay
- Damon Gupton joins Criminal Minds cast after Thomas Gibson firing
- After painful surgery and recovery, Oakville teen not just a model, but role model too
- Breaking new ground: Kim's Convenience to be Canada's 1st sitcom led by Asians
- Make America White Again: Why Donald Trump plays the race card
- Clinton vs. Trump: Follow the race for the White House with CBC's presidential poll tracker
- Looking for a place to happen: Canadian stories behind Tragically Hip's lyrics
- Battling the Beast: The untold story of the fight to save Fort McMurray