Tens of thousands of people have been forced out of their homes in Calgary, where rising waters have officials on alert. CBC's Cameron MacIntosh surveys the flood zone from above, bringing us video and photos of the damage.
See the Calgary floodwaters from above
Helicopter view shows extent of flood disaster
CBC News Posted: Jun 21, 2013 10:44 PM ET Last Updated: Jun 21, 2013 10:58 PM ET
Quebec Votes 2014
Quebec Votes 2014 »
- CAQ's Legault pledges to abolish school boards
- The Coalition Avenir Québec is promising to do away with the province’s 69 school boards and replace them with 30 regional service centres to manage student and school needs.
- Blog Legault has to keep CAQ loyalists onside
- Both the Liberals and the PQ want to get votes from the CAQ, but when Legault was asked about that by a reporter in Trois-Rivières yesterday, he said he is confident.
- Pauline Marois English debate offer revised
- A group of English media has sent another request the Parti Québécois leader, inviting her to participate in an English-language debate in French with simultaneous translation.
Top News Headlines
Latest Canada News Headlines
- Frustrated Farmers Want Grain Moved Mar. 7, 2014 12:38 PM Grain farmers are angry as they watch trains full of oil roll to market leaving them wondering why so few are available to move their product to market.
- Avalanche near Lake Louise leaves 2 snowshoers dead
- Daylight saving time: 6 eye-opening facts
- Malaysia Airlines: 2 Canadians were on missing plane
- Pesticide traces in some tea exceed allowable limits
- Birth of Justin Trudeau's son poses political opportunity
- Lev Tahor members back in Canada
- Truckers reject Vancouver port deal: strike to begin Monday
- Lev Tahor sect members on the run sent back to Canada
- Father Wayne Dohey removed from St. Patrick's Parish
- 54 people inhale chlorine at Ottawa hotel pool, 3 in hospital