Tim Gunn facing new charges in wild Saskatoon chase

The man accused of leading police on a wild chase across the city's west side in June is facing new charges.

Suspect left trail of trashed cruisers across city's west side

The aftermath of an hour-long chase in June of 2014. (CBC)

A 25-year-old man accused of leading police on a wild, hour-long chase in Saskatoon last month is facing new charges.

Timothy Gunn is already facing numerous charges in connection with the chase that left a trail of trashed police cruisers and civilian vehicles.

Today, he appeared in court and the new charges were presented. Gunn is now charged with wearing a disguise.

Timothy Gunn is in court today in Saskatoon. (Facebook)
Police said the suspect driving the stolen truck was wearing a bandana that covered his face.

Gunn is also charged with two new counts of dangerous driving causing bodily harm. These charges related to civilian vehicles that were damaged during the chase. Two of the drivers suffered minor injuries.

Gunn is also charged with failing to stop for police.

Attempts to steal two taxi cabs

Police allege the driver went on a 58-minute rampage in a stolen, half-ton truck from Rosthern during which he rammed and hit numerous cars at three different intersections, including four police cruisers.

We were dealing with a very bizarre situation last night and an individual who was determined to cause destruction.- Saskatoon Police chief Clive Weighill

It's also alleged he attempted to steal two taxi cabs and tried to run down a plain clothes police officer on a residential sidewalk.

The officer fired eight shots at the man in the truck. However he managed to evade the shots and flee again.

Shortly after, a police officer used his cruiser to ram into the truck, stopping it in its tracks.

The driver then took off on foot. 

Saskatoon police said the chase was unlike any they've dealt with before and that Gunn had a long criminal record.

"We were dealing with a very bizarre situation last night and an individual who was determined to cause destruction," Chief Clive Weighill told reporters the next day.

As it turns out, Gunn was already wanted by RCMP; they allege he and three accomplices robbed a hotel in Lloydminster, Alta., at gunpoint earlier that month.