Saskatoon garbage truck set on fire by smouldering trash
Firefighters warn people to check refuse before throwing in bin
A flaming garbage truck has Saskatoon firefighters warning the public to check their trash.
Yesterday, smouldering garbage caused a fire inside the truck on 22nd Street W. and Avenue P. Luckily, there wasn't much garbage in the truck, and it wasn't damaged.
Firefighters are urging people to never throw flammable or explosive items into their black garbage bins.
People are also warned to make sure any cigarette butts are completely extinguished and any ashes from fire pits or fireplaces are completely extinguished with water.
Waste wood and drywall is also prohibited from being thrown out.