Investigators say a fire that broke out Thursday night in a garage in the Montgomery neighbourhood was electrical in nature.

In a news release, officials said that crews from two fire stations were called to a home at 3108 Ortona Street at 11:38 p.m. CST.

When crews arrived five minutes later, they found that flames were shooting out of the roof of the garage. Firefighters went to work immediately and were able to bring the flames under control after about 30 minutes.

No one was hurt in the fire.

Damage is estimated at $5,000.