Saskatoon fire crews handle ammonia release at water plant
Release contained to building
Fire crews spent three hours Monday night in the basement of the water treatment plant at 1030 Avenue H South.
They were called there at 9 p.m. CST with reports of an ammonia spill.
The fire department's Hazmat team suited up and made it down to the ammonia room. The found the feeder valve that caused the release and shut it off.
Then they used hoses to clean up the liquid while the fumes were vented.
No one was hurt and the chemical was contained to the building.