A rooftop fire Tuesday morning was caused by hot materials from work being done on the roof of a strip mall on the west side of Saskatoon, according to the fire department.

Firefighters were called to Uncle Barley’s in the 900 block of Northumberland Avenue around 7:30 a.m. CST.

The fire department said that crews found heavy smoke and flames coming from the rooftop of the strip mall when they arrived.

Power saws were used to cut into the attic space and it took about 30 minutes to get the fire under control.

No one was hurt in the fire.

Hot roofing material cause of fire

In a release later on Tuesday, officials said hot materials from a roof replacement job were to blame for the fire.

The fire is being called accidental. The damage was estimated at $170,000.