Two workers were injured in an electrical explosion at a downtown Saskatoon hotel this morning. 

Just after 11 a.m., several fire crews responded to the Sheraton Cavalier Hotel. Firefighters found that a minor explosion took place in the basement. There was no fire. 

Electrical contractors were working on removing a comer from a panel when there was an electrical short. 

Two workers suffered minor injuries. One of them was taken to hospital. 

There was no damage to the hotel. The hotel was not evacuated.