Dustin Boulet's accused killer in Saskatoon court
Nathan Joseph charged with second-degree murder
The man accused of murdering 29-year-old Dustin Boulet made his first court appearance this morning.
Nathan Joseph, 27, is charged with second-degree murder and aggravated assault. Estevan Fuenzalida, 24, is charged with accessory after the fact and aggravated assault.
Both men return to court on Thursday.
It was an emotional scene in court as Boulet's family got their first look at the accused killer. They sat in the front row, sobbing and shaking. They also broke down in the hallway outside court.
Chad Boulet spoke with CBC about his brother's death.
It happened early on Saturday morning in the parking lot of the Cold Beer and Wine Store connected to Bridges Ale House and Eatery.
"He was defending his friend, apparently," Chad Boulet said. "There was something else going on outside, and there's another guy out there, six guys out there. Somebody stabbing people. So three people got stabbed, one including my brother."
Boulet said his brother had been out celebrating his 29th birthday that evening.
He was able to spend time with his brother in hospital on Saturday before he died. He remembers his brother as a loving guy and a sports fan.
"He was a good guy, a really good guy. And I am sure all of his friends can attest to that. He liked hockey, baseball, definitely loved his friends and family," Boulet said.