City of Saskatoon has tips to keep your holiday green
Recycling tips to keep folks at the landfill feeling merry
There’s no question that as we deck the halls, bake all those traditional holiday goodies, and wrap up presents from that long wish list, we generate a lot of trash.
So while we all wish for a white Christmas, keeping it green is also important.
The City of Saskatoon has published a handy guide.
Here are three things you can recycle to keep the folks over at the landfill merry.
- Gift wrapping paper, unless it’s aluminum or shiny. No need to remove tape or staples.
- Clean cookie and chocolate tins.
- Egg Nog containers. Just give them a quick rinse.
Wondering what should stay out of the blue bin?
- All that pretty ribbon.
- Trees, real or artificial.
- And most everything that goes on your tree from lights to ornaments.