There’s no question that as we deck the halls, bake all those traditional holiday goodies, and wrap up presents from that long wish list, we generate a lot of trash.
So while we all wish for a white Christmas, keeping it green is also important.
The City of Saskatoon has published a handy guide.
Here are three things you can recycle to keep the folks over at the landfill merry.
- Gift wrapping paper, unless it’s aluminum or shiny. No need to remove tape or staples.
- Clean cookie and chocolate tins.
- Egg Nog containers. Just give them a quick rinse.
Wondering what should stay out of the blue bin?
- All that pretty ribbon.
- Trees, real or artificial.
- And most everything that goes on your tree from lights to ornaments.