People around Katepwa Lake, who have been building dikes with sand bags for two weeks, are growing weary of the backbreaking work. Jordan Jackle reports on the physical toll fighting a flood is taking.
WATCH: Sandbagging is tough work
Aching backs and fatigue common
CBC News Posted: Apr 28, 2011 7:37 PM CT Last Updated: Apr 28, 2011 7:36 PM CT
Latest Saskatchewan News Headlines
Top News Headlines
- Regina woman says thieves stole urn containing her mother's ashes
- 7-year-old girl dead after collision near Belle Plaine, Sask.
- What are police doing about Regina's rising crime rate?
- 'Do you accept the challenge?': Crime Stoppers asks public to ID woman in white powder confessional
- Sask. has the highest provincial crime rate in Canada – and the most severe crimes, too
- Teenager's death in Regina park not criminal, say police
- SGI does young driver safety focus, but finds 300-plus impaired driving charges
- 6 weeks of construction to close strip of Arcola Avenue in Regina
- Vicki Mowat wins Sask. NDP byelection nomination for Saskatoon-Fairview