Vince Young cut from Sask. Roughriders
Riders release names of all players cut
Quarterback Vince Young has been released from the Saskatchewan Roughriders.
On Saturday, the team released an update regarding their roster, with a list of 20 cuts.
Young's agent Leigh Steinberg tweeted that the quarterback was cut from the team due to a torn hamstring he suffered during the Riders training camp.
<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/VinceYoung?src=hash">#VinceYoung</a> suffered a torn hamstring in training camp w <a href="https://twitter.com/sskroughriders">@sskroughriders</a> which needs time to heal and he has been waived. <a href="https://twitter.com/TexasFB">@TexasFB</a>—@leighsteinberg
Young is a two-time Pro Bowl quarterback who played his last regular season game with the NFL's Philadelphia Eagles in 2011.
Players released by the Sask. Roughriders:
- Defensive back Royce Adams
- Running back Anthony Allen
- Quarterback Bryan Bennett
- Defensive back Zavian Bingham
- Defensive lineman Ivan Brown
- Defensive back Crezdon Butler
- Offensive lineman Terrence Campbell
- Wide receiver Joe Craig
- Linebacker Alexander Gagne
- Defensive back Warren Gatewood
- Linebacker Dillon Grondin
- Offensive lineman Jarriel King
- Wide receiver Thomas Mayo
- Defensive lineman Greg Milhouse Jr.
- Wide receiver Desmond Reece
- Defensive lineman Jordan Reaves
- Defensive back Mark Roberts
- Wide receiver Jenson Stoshak
- Running back Quincy Walden
- Quarterback Vince Young
Running backs Joe Craig and Anthony Allen also spoke out on Twitter after the announcement of their release.
Well it was a pleasure <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Ridernation?src=hash">#Ridernation</a>. Thanks to the Roughriders organization for giving me the opportunity to do what I love I enjoyed it!—@craig_deuce
Riderville it was fun... don't know why I was brought in though only to be let go.. ran the ball once last game—@Ant_Allen