Quarterback Vince Young has been released from the Saskatchewan Roughriders.
On Saturday, the team released an update regarding their roster, with a list of 20 cuts.
Young's agent Leigh Steinberg tweeted that the quarterback was cut from the team due to a torn hamstring he suffered during the Riders training camp.
Young is a two-time Pro Bowl quarterback who played his last regular season game with the NFL's Philadelphia Eagles in 2011.
Players released by the Sask. Roughriders:
- Defensive back Royce Adams
- Running back Anthony Allen
- Quarterback Bryan Bennett
- Defensive back Zavian Bingham
- Defensive lineman Ivan Brown
- Defensive back Crezdon Butler
- Offensive lineman Terrence Campbell
- Wide receiver Joe Craig
- Linebacker Alexander Gagne
- Defensive back Warren Gatewood
- Linebacker Dillon Grondin
- Offensive lineman Jarriel King
- Wide receiver Thomas Mayo
- Defensive lineman Greg Milhouse Jr.
- Wide receiver Desmond Reece
- Defensive lineman Jordan Reaves
- Defensive back Mark Roberts
- Wide receiver Jenson Stoshak
- Running back Quincy Walden
- Quarterback Vince Young
Running backs Joe Craig and Anthony Allen also spoke out on Twitter after the announcement of their release.
Well it was a pleasure #Ridernation. Thanks to the Roughriders organization for giving me the opportunity to do what I love I enjoyed it!— @craig_deuce
Riderville it was fun... don't know why I was brought in though only to be let go.. ran the ball once last game— @Ant_Allen