On Wednesday, Saskatchewan MP Ralph Goodale was sworn into Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's cabinet as minister of public safety and emergency preparedness. Goodale has had a long political career. He was first elected as an MP in 1974 to Pierre Trudeau's government.
The scenes from the video above show the following:
- Oct. 21, 1978- Goodale was the MP for the riding of Assiniboia. CBC spoke to the young MP about the federal government's grain stabilization plan.
- April 24, 1982- Goodale was the leader of Saskatchewan's Liberal Party. CBC reporter Larry Stout did a story on the Liberal Party's chances.
- Oct. 25, 1993- Goodale was back in federal politics. He won the election that year, and went on to win his riding in another eight consecutive elections.
- May 16, 2005- Goodale spoke on the importance of passing the Liberal federal budget.
- Nov. 4, 2015- Goodale was sworn in as minister of public safety and emergency preparedness for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's cabinet.