Video: Saskatchewan MP Ralph Goodale's career from 1978 to now
Goodale was sworn into Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's cabinet
On Wednesday, Saskatchewan MP Ralph Goodale was sworn into Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's cabinet as minister of public safety and emergency preparedness. Goodale has had a long political career. He was first elected as an MP in 1974 to Pierre Trudeau's government.
The scenes from the video above show the following:
- Oct. 21, 1978- Goodale was the MP for the riding of Assiniboia. CBC spoke to the young MP about the federal government's grain stabilization plan.
- April 24, 1982- Goodale was the leader of Saskatchewan's Liberal Party. CBC reporter Larry Stout did a story on the Liberal Party's chances.
- Oct. 25, 1993- Goodale was back in federal politics. He won the election that year, and went on to win his riding in another eight consecutive elections.
- May 16, 2005- Goodale spoke on the importance of passing the Liberal federal budget.
- Nov. 4, 2015- Goodale was sworn in as minister of public safety and emergency preparedness for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's cabinet.