U.S. man accused in Saskatoon slaying
A U.S. man recently arrested in connection to a 3½-year-old Saskatoon homicide made his first appearance in court Monday to face a first-degree murder charge, police said.
George Allgood, 45, was formally charged with allegedly killing 40-year-old Susan Reinhardt at a home in the 800 block of 4th Avenue North on July 15, 2006.
Police arrived at the home at around 1:15 a.m. and found that Reinhardt and a 43-year-old man had been shot. Both were rushed to hospital where Reinhardt died. The male shooting victim, who police didn't identify, survived. Police said three children were asleep in the home at the time of the shooting but were not injured.
Last week, police said a man had been arrested in North Battleford, Sask., in connection with the case, and formally identified him as Allgood following Monday's court appearance.
Police said Allgood is a U.S. citizen who travelled back and forth between Canada and his home country. While living in Canada, he assumed the name of Reno Trevor Hogg, police said. A police spokesperson couldn't say where in the United States he was from or how long he had been in Canada.
Allgood remains in custody. In addition to the murder charge, he is accused of attempting to murder the man who was shot.