Top 10 Regina building permits from 2012
Information from the City of Regina shows 2012 was a busy year in the construction industry, with the total value of building permits issued for the year adding up to $773 million, compared to a total of $547 million in 2011.
It works out to a 41 per cent increase.
According to the city, increases were noted in residential and commercial sectors.
Here is a list of the top 10 projects, by dollar value, that were issued building permits in 2012:
- $24 million: RCMP at 4101 Dewdney Ave. (Federal Government).
- $22 million: Condominium apartment building at 2055 Rose St. (A numbered company: 610829 Saskatchewan Limited).
- $15.8 million: School at 1132 McTavish St. (Public School Board).
- $13.4 million: Condominium apartment building at 2300 Broad St. (Centre Square Development GP Inc).
- $12.6 million: New residential units at 4175 E Green Apple Dr. (Sun West Construction).
- $12.3 million: New warehouse/office at 1210 Pettigrew Ave. (CWS Logistics Ltd).
- $9.9 million: Hotel renovation at 1975 Broad St. (Silverbirch Hotels).
- $9.5 million: New retail construction at 4901 Gordon Rd. (Harvard Development Corp).
- $9.3 million: New hotel at 3830 E Eastgate Dr. (East Regina Holdings Inc).
- $8.0 million: Alteration to dwelling units at 2300 Broad St. (Centre Square Development GP Inc).
(Source: City of Regina - Planning and Sustainability Dept.)