Third person charged in 2015 Regina homicide
Robert Brian Oochoo, 23, made 1st appearance in court Feb. 5
A man, 23, is now the third person to be charged with second-degree murder in the death last year of Matthew John Wells of Regina.
Robert Brian Oochoo of Regina appeared in provincial court on the charge on Feb. 5, police said.
Wells, 48, the city's eighth homicide victim of 2015, was found dead in a home on the 1500 block of Robinson St. on Oct. 22.
The two other people who have been previously charged with second-degree murder include Jason Dustin Hotomanie, 25, and a 15-year-old boy whose name cannot be published.
- RELATED: Regina boy, 15, charged with murder in city's 8th homicide
- RELATED: Man charged in Regina homicide from October 2015
Oochoo also faces charges in connection to three other incidents, including two incidents involving gunfire, an arson and a theft.
Police said the same night of the homicide, at around the same time, officers were called to an incident in which shots were fired into an apartment suite in the 2200 block of Robinson St.
The same day police also received a report of an arson and theft from a vehicle, events which they believe were connected to the others.
The full list of Oochoo's charges includes:
- second-degree murder.
- theft under $5,000.
- possession of a firearm obtained by crime.
- unauthorized possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle.
- reckless discharge of a firearm into or at a place.
- break and enter with intent.
- careless use of firearm.
- breach of a firearms prohibition.