A teenagerhas takenthe witness stand in the sexual assault trial of a Tisdale, Sask., man and talked about a night in 2001 when men allegedly got her drunk and had sex with her.

Testifyingat the trial of Jeffrey Chat Kindrat, 26,in Melfort on Tuesday, the 17-year-old told courtabout meeting up with three men outside a bar, and getting a ride in a pickup truck.

In the Court of Queen's Bench, a screen was placed betweenthe teenagerand Kindrat so that she would not have to look at him.

Speaking quietly through tears, she said she left home on the afternoon of Sept. 30, 2001, because she had had an argument with her parents.

Men emerged from bar

The girl, who was 12 at the time,said she walked until she came to a bar, then sat on some steps until she saw three men come out.

The girl, who is aboriginal, said one of the mensaid "Pocahontas" to her.Another from the group asked her if she wanted a ride.

She hesitated, but got into their pickup truck. She said she was 14.

However, she said, she lied about her age because she didn't want the men to know they were giving a ride to a 12-year-old runaway.

The teen testified theyrepeatedly offeredher beer, which she finally accepted. She couldn't recall how many she drank, butsaid she drankquickly and became drunk.

Shecouldn'trecall many details ofwhat happened after that.The teenhad two accounts of how many men were involved in the sexual assault on her.

At first, she said two of the men held her, while a third had sex with her. Later, she changed that, and said two men, and not three, were involved.

Kindrat not mentioned

The defence lawyer, Morris Bodnar, referred to the girl's testimony from the preliminary hearing, and pointed out that she had testified she was attacked by two men.

The preliminary hearing statement made no reference to Kindrat.

During a taped policeinterview played for the jury on Monday, Kindrat said he didn't have sex with her because he had too much to drink and wasn't able to.

This is Kindrat's second trial for the alleged attack on the girl, whose identity is protected by a publication ban. The Saskatchewan Court of Appeal ordered a new trial in 2005.

The trial, which began Monday and is scheduled to last two weeks,continues Wednesday.