Cyclist hit by car in Saskatoon
Posted: Aug 17, 2012 10:18 AM CST
Last Updated: Aug 17, 2012 10:15 AM CST
A 20-year-old man was taken to hospital with serious injuries after his bicycle was hit by a car in downtown Saskatoon Thursday night.
The collision happened just after 11:20 p.m. CST at the intersection of 22nd Street East and 2nd Avenue North.
According to witnesses, the car was heading north on 2nd when a cyclist going the other way tried to turn onto 22nd —into the path of the car.
The cyclist was taken to Royal University Hospital with what police described as life-threatening injuries. His current condition wasn't immediately available Friday morning.
The 29-year-old man driving the car and his two passengers were not injured, police said.
Latest Saskatchewan News Headlines
- Transgender woman files human rights complaint
- Rohit Singh has filed an official complaint with the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission more »
- Fire destroys hotel in Lafleche, Sask.
- Fire has destroyed a hotel in Lafleche, Sask. more »
- Work could soon begin on oft-delayed Regina condo project
- Work is set to begin on the much-anticipated and oft-delayed Capital Pointe condominium project in downtown Regina. more »
- Man assaulted with hammer on Saskatoon's west side
- Police are investigating a Tuesday night brawl that sent one man to hospital with serious injuries. more »
Top News Headlines
- Mike Duffy says his actions 'do not merit criticism'
- Senator Mike Duffy said in a statement Wednesday he's confident that when Canadians know all the facts about his spending claims they will conclude his actions "do not merit criticism." more »
- Ford ally says mayor told to limit comments on alleged crack video
- Legal advice may be behind Toronto Mayor Rob Ford's decision to stay silent in the wake of allegations he was recorded smoking what appears to be crack cocaine. more »
- 'You will see him again in heaven,' Sharlene Bosma tells daughter
- Sharlene Bosma told more than 1,000 people at the public memorial service for her slain husband, Tim Bosma, about the love they shared. more »
- Obama to visit Oklahoma following deadly tornado
- Rescue workers raced to complete the search for survivors and the dead in the Oklahoma City suburb where a mammoth tornado destroyed countless homes, cleared lots down to bare red earth and claimed 24 lives, including those of nine children. more »
- Controversy swirls around chief who sexually assaulted teen
- Regina OKs Albert Street nightclub
- Missing Biggar-area man's body recovered from slough
- RCMP seek suspect accused of assault on teen
- Singer who flubbed U.S. anthem returns for redemption
- Blades could skate into final with win tonight
- Aboriginal woman settles lawsuit over 3½ years solitary confinement
- Officials promote Sask. carbon capture project
- Train carrying crude oil derails east of Saskatoon