Several Saskatchewan school divisions cancelled bus services Monday morning, after Environment Canada issued wind chill warnings across a wide swath of the province.
Cancelled bus services include:
- Prairie Valley School Division: Regina, Regina Beach, White City, Balgonie, Bethune, Edenwold, Grand Coulee, Lumsden, Milestone Penses, Pilot Butte
- The Prairie South School Division: that includes Lindale School, Avonlea School, Central Butte School, Chaplin School, Craik School,Eyebrow School, Gravelbourg Schools, Mortlach School, Mossbank School, Rouleau School, and all buses in Moose Jaw. The rest of the buses are operating as normal.
- All buses in Prairie Spirit School Division cancelled except Duck Lake, Leask, and Blaine
- Sun West School Division buses have also been cancelled
- The bus to Moose Jaw's French language school, Ecole Ducharme, is also not running. Gravelbourg's École Beau Soleil and École secondaire Collège Mathieu have also been added to the list
- Wheelchair buses are also cancelled today for Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools students.
Schools will remain open and classes will go on as usual in these areas.
Temperatures hovered in the -30s Monday morning, with windchill values as low as -47 in the Regina area.