Sask. bureaucrats shuffled
The top managers in key Saskatchewan Crown corporations and ministries are being shuffled.
Premier Brad Wall announced the changes Wednesday.
Here is a list of some of the changes:
- Karen Laying, will be the new deputy minister of finance. (Formerly an assistant deputy minister at treasury board.)
- Doug Matthies becomes the new president of SaskWater, a Crown corporation. (Formerly the deputy minister of finance.)
- Ron Styles becomes the new president of SaskTel, the telecommunications Crown corporation. (Formerly the CEO of Crown Investments Corporation, a holding company for the provincial Crowns.)
- Robert Watson becomes the new president of SaskPower, the provincial electric utility. (Formerly the president of SaskTel.)
- Dick Carter becomes CEO of Crown Investments Corporation. (Formerly the chief of staff to the minister of finance.)
Watson's appointment to lead SaskPower comes almost six months after Pat Youzwa, the previous president of the Crown, retired.
The moves also come just a few days ahead of an expected shuffle of Wall's cabinet.