Fans of the Saskatchewan Roughriders paraded down the streets of Regina on Saturday afternoon, one of the highlights of the CFL team's 100th-anniversary celebrations.
The event took place as dozens of parade participants, cheered on by hundreds of spectators, wound their way from Mosaic Stadium to the grounds of the provincial legislature.
The route was dubbed "The Green Mile" after the team's 2007 Grey Cup championship victory.
Some walked the route and others were in vehicles amid cheering and honking of horns. The Rider Fan Parade was led by former team star George Reed and his wife, Angie.
Celebrations continued on the grounds of the legislature and inside the building people could see the art exhibit Celebrating the Greatest Fans on Earth, which opened in the Cumberland Gallery.
The artwork will be on display until the end of September, when it will be sold by silent auction with proceeds going to the George Reed Foundation.
According to the Encyclopedia of Saskatchewan, the football team was formally organized as the Regina Rugby Club on Sept. 13, 1910. By 1911, the club was playing games in the Western Canada Rugby Football Union against teams from Alberta and Manitoba.
The community-owned team changed its name to the Regina Roughriders in 1924, then became known as the Saskatchewan Roughriders in 1948, formally adopting the moniker in 1950.
Despite playing in a relatively small market, the team enjoys deep fan support.