Riders loonie unveiled
Fans of the Saskatchewan Roughriders have another item they can put in their collection of club gear: one dollar coins, or loonies, celebrating the 100th anniversary of the team.
The Royal Canadian Mint unveiled the coin Thursday at a promotional event in Regina.
Enthusiasts will be able to exchange a regular dollar for the Rider loonie at the following locations:
- Friday, Sept. 3: At the Arts Building at the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon, between 2 and 4 p.m. CST
- Friday, Sept. 3: At the PotashCorp Fireworks Festival in Rotary Park in Saskatoon, between 7 and 9 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 3: At the Saskatchewan Science Centre in Regina, between 3 and 5 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 4: At Victoria Park in Regina, between 3 and 5 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 4: At the Moose Jaw Civic Centre parking lot and arena, prior to and during the hockey game.
- Sunday, Sept. 5: In front of Mosaic Stadium, on the "west bricks", between 12 and 2 p.m.
The mint says 3 million coins will be put in circulation.