Regina Qu'Appelle Health Region adds flu shot clinics
Additional drop-in and appointment-only flu vaccine clinics scheduled for January 27 to 31
The Regina Qu'Appelle Health Region is adding to its list of flu vaccine clinics for January, with a slew of drop-in and by-appointment locations.
While previous clinics across the province had limited the groups of people eligible for vaccine, these clinics will be open to most people.
The nasal spray version of the vaccine cannot be taken by people 59 years of age and older, however, those people will still be able to get an injection, based on availability.
Patients can make an appointment and get their immunization on the following dates:
- January 27, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. CST
- January 28, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. CST
- January 29, beginning at 1 p.m. CST
- January 30, beginning at 1 p.m. CST
- January 31, beginning at 9 a.m. CST
The Health Region says its expecting to allow for clinics to extend hours into the evening Wednesday and Thursday, depending on how much demand there is for the vaccine.
Patients can call to make an appointment during the week at 306-766-7878. The line is available from 8:30 a.m to 4:30 p.m. CST Monday through Friday.
Regina Qu'Appelle Health Region is also offering drop-in clinics during the week at the following locations:
- January 27, Regina General Hospital and Pasqua Hospital, 1p.m. to 4 p.m. CST
- January 28 to 30, Regina General Hospital and Pasqua Hospital, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. CST
- January 29, SIAST, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. CST
- January 30, University of Regina, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. CST
Beginning Monday, more drop-in flu shot clinics are expected to open.
The Health Region says many doctor or nurse practitioner clinics will also have some vaccine available for immunizations – patients can call ahead to check.