Propane heater source of Regina hotel fire

A propane heater was the source of the fire that destroyed a hotel that was under construction in Regina's north end on Saturday.

Comfort Inn had been under construction

A fire broke out at a hotel under construction on Diefenbaker Drive and Pasqua Street N. Two floor of the four-storey hotel had been built when it burned to the ground. (Kristal Sexsmith)

A propane heater was the source of the fire that destroyed a hotel under construction in Regina's north end on Saturday, investigators say.

The structure, which was going to be a Comfort Inn, burned to the ground in the early morning hours when the propane heating equipment failed.

Fire officials released their findings on Tuesday.

It's expected the owner will rebuild at the site at Diefenbaker Drive and Pasqua Street North.

Clark Builders says the hotel had been set to be completed by the end of summer, but that is no longer the case.

No one was injured.