RCMP Cpl. Ole Larsen was shot and killed by a distraught man in the small village of Climax, Sask., on Aug. 11, 1981. On the 30th anniversary, a special ceremony was held to honour the officer.
PHOTO GALLERY: Fallen RCMP officer remembered
CBC News Posted: Aug 11, 2011 10:30 PM CT Last Updated: Aug 11, 2011 10:28 PM CT
Latest Saskatchewan News Headlines
Top News Headlines
- Fruit mush and hidden stills: Homemade alcohol a big problem in prison
- Trump's health-care failure puts agenda on shaky ground after Republicans call his bluff
- There are plenty of junior sales positions available, so why don't young Canadians want them?
- Suspect in fatal shooting on Las Vegas Strip surrenders after standoff
- Travel not recommended in central, northern Sask.
- Government redesigning welfare programs to get 'able-bodied' people off the dole
- Crowd boos Brad Wall at CFL Week event
- 'We need to be better': Half of the people in Sask. jails are on remand
- Cardboard 'baby boxes' handed out free to help save infant lives in Regina
- STC shutdown leaves cancer patients looking for a ride
- Sask. property owners to pay $67M more education tax this year
- Alberta Premier Rachel Notley blasts Sask. tax hike, budget cuts
- Unwelcome lunchroom guests: Regina General Hospital deals with ant infestation