A Saskatoon woman is being treated for norovirus after taking a vacation in Mexico.
Saskatoon resident Rebecca Hennes said she has been to the hospital three times in the last week for treatment.
"I've missed out on a lot of classes and I'm really behind," Rebecca Hennes said on Friday. "I've been so sick and I've lost so much weight and I'm so weak."
Before leaving, Hennes' parents, Brian and Christine, checked out their resort in Puerto Vallarta on TripAdvisor.ca and read reviews written by people who claimed they got very sick at the hotel. The symptoms included vomiting and diarrhea. Some people believed there was a norovirus outbreak.
When the Hennes family tried to change hotels, they were told it was too late, so they went on the trip as planned. From day one, Brian Hennes said he saw signs of trouble.
"Two ambulances came and pulled the gurney out to take people to the hospital," he said. "That was a real area of concern for us. But we didn't know what was going on."
Hennes said dozens of people at the hotel were very sick and it didn't take long before he was one of them.
"I was the first one who was sick," he said. "Violently, violently sick. I've never been sick like that in my life."
Within a few days, his daughter Rebecca was also sick.
Christine Hennes said she wants the hotel closed because it is putting babies and elderly people at risk.
"I just want to save somebody's life because I really think that the potential is there for someone to die from this," she said.
As of Saturday, the hotel remained open. However, one vacation company isn't sending customers there any more. Transat Holidays told CBC they're booking people into other hotels.