A fundraising event was held in Moose Jaw to help the victims of the devastating fire on High Street in March.
The steak night and silent auction took place at Chiller's Pub Thursday night.
"I love it," Stephen Usselman, one of the people who lost his home in the fire, said. "The city of Moose Jaw gets together, It's cool."
"It's very gratifying to know that complete strangers do care," Chris Goertzen, another one of the tenants who lost his home in the blaze, added.
Goertzen has been staying in a hotel but is set to move into a new apartment by the end of April.
One of the organizers of the event was Morgan Gabel, whose family lost their business to the fire. She wanted to do something to help the people who lived in the building.
"I did know a few of them that lived directly above my mom's store that were always hanging around, so that was pretty hard to see them just so devastated by this," she said.
"My parents, they lost their business and that was really hard," Gabel added. "I was able to see some of the tenants who were just at the scene and they got out with just the clothes on their back and they had no insurance. They need someone to help them out, so I choose to do that."
Gabel said the money raised will be evenly split among the 20 tenants, to be used anyway they'd like.