Lizard mishap fetches firefighters

A rambunctious reptile caused Regina firefighters to scramble Monday morning, but they soon scaled back their response.

Iguana's actions trigger smoke alarm in Regina

A rambunctious reptile caused Regina firefighters to scramble Monday morning, but they soon scaled back their response.

A fire alarm went off after an iguana knocked over a heat lamp, scorching some vinyl flooring, the Regina fire department said.

It happened around 7 a.m. CST at a home in the 900 block of Wallace St., in Regina's Eastview neighbourhood.

When crews arrived, they found there was no fire, just some smoke.

Firefighters left the home about 10 minutes later.

No one was injured, and it's believed the lizard escaped unharmed as well.

Comments

To encourage thoughtful and respectful conversations, first and last names will appear with each submission to CBC/Radio-Canada's online communities (except in children and youth-oriented communities). Pseudonyms will no longer be permitted.

By submitting a comment, you accept that CBC has the right to reproduce and publish that comment in whole or in part, in any manner CBC chooses. Please note that CBC does not endorse the opinions expressed in comments. Comments on this story are moderated according to our Submission Guidelines. Comments are welcome while open. We reserve the right to close comments at any time.