Blackfalds RCMP are asking anyone with information on the cremated remains to contact them. (CBC)

An accidental leak of carbon monoxide in a home in Craik, Sask., was behind the recent deaths of a couple in that community, according to RCMP.

RCMP said Friday that an autopsy report from the coroner identified carbon monoxide poisoning as the cause of the deaths of a man, 67, and a woman, 65. The married couple lived in a home in the Craik Eco Village.

A family member discovered the deceased couple on Feb. 28 and called 911 for assistance.

RCMP said their investigation indicates the deaths were accidental.

Craik is about 120 kilometres northwest of Regina.

No names were released.

View Larger Map