A man arrested in connection with a hit and run incident where a Regina police officer ended up in hospital has been charged with 19 new offences.
Jason John Dunlop, 33, was previously wanted for being unlawfully at large from a Red Deer facility.
On Monday, he was also charged with:
- possession of stolen property (seven counts)
- resisting arrest
- possession of a controlled substance
- dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
- assault with a weapon
- illegal possession of a firearm
- failing to stop at the scene of an accident (three counts)
- failing to stop at the scene of an accident causing bodily harm
- flight while being pursued by a police officer
Some of the charges stem from the evening of May 14, when police received a tip Dunlop was in Regina and followed a white truck to the 1800 block of Angus Street.
Witnesses said they saw a white truck with Alberta plates hit a plainclothes officer and then speed off.
Police found the truck abandoned in north Regina on May 15.
On Sunday morning, someone in northwest Regina noticed a suspicious vehicle in their neighbourhood and contacted police.
Police say Dunlop was found near that vehicle. They arrested him without incident
He was scheduled to appear in court Monday morning on the new charges.