Freezing weather causes school bus cancellations
Freezing temperatures Friday morning have caused some school bus cancellations.
Environment Canada also issued a wind chill warning for the southwest and central regions of Saskatchewan, with temperatures dipping down to the minus forties.
One of the coldest parts of the province is Swift Current where it feels like -48 C with the wind chill.
Buses have been cancelled in the Sun West School Division, which includes Davidson, Rosetown, Kindersley and a number of other communities.
There will be no school buses this morning at a number of French schools:
- Ecole Monseigneur de Laval in Regina
- Pavillion Secondaire des Quatre-Vents in Regina
- École Ducharme in Moose Jaw
- Ecole Boréale in Ponteix
- École canadienne-française in Saskatoon
- Pavilllon Gustave-Dubois in Saskatoon
The schools are still open, but no buses will be running Friday.