Emerald Park club house destroyed by fire
Fire has completely destroyed the club house at the Aspen Links Country Club in Emerald Park, located 15 kilometres east of Regina.
"It's kind of a smoldering skeleton right now," the CBC's Jordan Jackle reported, adding that only the major support beams were still standing.
The blaze has been extinguished, he said, although a small fire caused by a natural gas line continued to burn until Sask Energy workers were able to disconnect the line.
All of the employees were able to exit the buildling although a number of firefighters were being treated for non-serious, heat-related injuries, Jackle said.
The Aspen Links website says the club house was 1490 square metres and featured a restaurant and banquet hall. Jackle said it was popular in the area and employed 65 people.
There was no word on how the fire started.