Drive-by shooting victim recovering in Saskatoon hospital
A 24-year-old man is recovering in a Saskatoon hospital after he suffered multiple gunshot wounds in a drive-by shooting in North Battleford Saturday.
Police said the victim was conscious Sunday morning and was able to speak to investigators. He underwent surgery on Saturday and it's believed he will require more medical procedures.
The RCMP were called to a home on the 1700 block of 104th Street after reports of a shooting at about 10 a.m.
The man, who had been shot several times, was found at the scene. He was stabilized in North Battleford and taken to a Saskatoon hospital for further treatment.
The 24-year-old had been visiting at the duplex for a party, when a car drove by and someone inside started shooting. The man was outside at the time and was the only one injured. Police said they have not determined if he was specifically targeted.
Police said at least five rounds were fired although it's not clear how many hit the man. There was bullet damage to the house as well.
A search warrant was executed Saturday evening and the scene was later released.
Police have not identified any suspects and are continuing to interview witnesses.