Fire crews were called to the Campus Regina School at the former Cochrane High School on Monday after an equipment problem caused some heavy smoke.

It happened at the Campus Regina Public building at around 6:45 a.m. CST before the sun came up.

There was smoke but no visible flames by 7:15 a.m., and fire crews were airing out the building.

Fire officials said a piece of equipment inside the building became overheated and began to smoke.

Crews fixed the smoke problem by ventilating the building.

The school building is at 1069 14th Avenue E. on the east end of the city.

A spokesman for Regina public schools said apart from the smoke, there was no damage to the building.

Classes would be cancelled for Monday out of an abundance of caution, and to ensure no one was affected by residual smoke or fumes.