Cost of camping going up in Saskatchewan
Some fees going up 35%
Camping costs in Saskatchewan's provincial parks are going up.
On Tuesday, the Saskatchewan government announced various camping fees are increasing by as much as 35 per cent. However, campsites without electric outlets will still cost the same: $17 a night.
The fees and changes include:
- Nightly (campsite with electric outlet) — from $22 to $27
- Nightly (full service campsite) — from $26 to $35
- Nightly (non-electric) — remains unchanged at $17
- Seasonal (electric) — from $1,500 to $1,900
- Seasonal (non electric) — from $760 to $950
- Swimming lessons — from $25 to $35
In a news release, the provincial government said it's the first time camping fees have gone up since 2009.
It also says there have been numerous upgrades to the parks since 2007 and more are coming this year.